What is Journey to Careers?
Journey to Careers was created so you can develop a personalized, career-inclusive 10-year educational plan. As you work through the chapters, students learn a self-discovery and planning process that culminates with a plan to:
- Make high school graduation a reality.
- Enter and complete college or post secondary education or training, which will help you transition into a productive and self-sufficient adulthood.
Journey to Careers Course Goals
- Explore and understand the framework of the Louisiana Career Education Model;
- Understand the Foundation, Knowledge and Skills and how they apply to each cluster for educational and career success;
- Express the purpose of, develop, and use components of the Individual Graduation Plan (IGP);
- Participate in career exploration activities;
- Access and utilize different types of career information;
- Recognize the variety of postsecondary options available;
- Explore, understand and practice “soft skills” that contribute to successful employment;
- Explore, understand and apply personal finance concepts and skills.